giovedì 13 dicembre 2012

E&E: Ecologic and economic!

So...here is the first post of its type.

The concept of this is to provide some tips and tricks to do things cheaply and environmentally friendly.

So let's start....

THE MAGIC USE OF LEMON JUICE:

So this one I owe to my beloved, Mjo.

She is not only VERY smart, but she is also a scientist by training. And a scientist who knows a lot about chemistry....here is the story:

THE PROBLEM:

first of all, I am a guy. I am racially incapable of cleaning things properly.

Secondly, I am lazy. Despite enough free time to do the cleaning, is not as if I do it perfectly. I do it "as well as possible", but without striving for perfection...

As a result, my kitchen IS clean. very clean, from an anglo saxon standard, reasonably clean even for italians.

However, the steel in it has some calcareous residues, due to the fact that I just do not use the right special product to clean it, but just a multipurpose one. Too lazy to care

So, what to do? I am not bothered but my beloved little scientific genius IS BOTHERED!

THE SOLUTION

My little chemist genius come up with a question: "Ok you do not have the special product for calcareous residues. Do you at least have some lemon?"

I am puzzled at first. Than, I hand her a small bottle I bought at the supermarket. It is lemon juice normally used to cook. Extremly cheap. And of course, pretty natural

She takes it, pours some in the small sponge I use to clean the kitchen with and rubs...rubs...rubs...

15 minutes later the kitchen is SHINING!

SO WHAT?

if you need to clean your kitchen (at least its iron/steel surfaces) first use a standard product to remove ordinary stains. Once dry however, if you want to have it shining, do not bother in buying a specific product for that. you can use simple lemon juice: it is ECONOMIC, ECOLOGIC and SMELL NICE!

not only you will save some money, but also space, and you have an extra use for something useful but rarely used.

totally win-win!


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento